Are you looking for a new knitted hat for this fall and winter season?
Look no further!
The adorable owl hat knitting pattern we’ve found is sure to please!
In this article, we’ll break down everything you need to know about the pattern and where to find it!
The Owl Hat Knitting Pattern
The owl hat knitting pattern we’ve discovered is so cute and quirky that you’ll just love the finished product.
Like any knitted hat, it’s perfect for keeping your noggin warm during the cool days and cold nights. But, the design is what sets it apart.
The pattern features the body of an owl worked right in with the same color yarn, making it easy to knit. The owl has bright, shiny eyes and fringed “ears.”
The designer’s photos show the owl hat knitting pattern worked in gray yarn, but you can choose any color you like! Or even multiple colors for an added challenge!
You’re sure to love making these owl hats for yourself, your little ones and friends!
How to Work the Owl Hat Knitting Pattern
The owl hat knitting pattern, designed by Katy Tricot comes in a downloadable PDF delivered directly to your email. The pattern includes a chart as well as written instructions.
It is available in English, French and Russian languages.
It is worked in the round using bulky yarn and large needles, making it quick to knit!
The pattern includes instructions for toddler, adult and child sizes.
- Toddler 15 1/3 inches (40 cm)
- Child 16 1/2 inches (42 cm)
- Adult 17 1/3 inches and 18 inches (44-46 cm)
- Toddler 6 1/3 inches (16 cm)
- Child 6 2/3 inches (17 cm)
- Adult 7 and 7 1/2 inches (18-19 cm)
While you will need to know how to work in the round, this is considered an intermediate level pattern.
Skills used: knit, purl, cable, in the round, and three-needle bind off.
Gauge: 13 stitches and 18 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) in stockinette stitch
- bulky yarn (82 yards, 75 meters, 50 grams)-designer used Plassard Trappeur, but any bulky yarn will work
- circular needles (US 10-6 mm/16 inches)
- cable needle
- 3 stitch markers
- 2 buttons for eyes (or knit your own)
With so many great options to make it your own, this owl hat is a wonderful addition to any knitting enthusiasts collection. Quick and easy to work up, it makes a great choice for gifts for all ages! We hope you’ll love this owl hat knitting pattern as much as we do!
Check out some of our other knitted hat patterns
We have several patterns that are great for beginners. Get some more practice in while making something fun and practical!
For adults, check out
- the easy to work up stockinette stitch beanie,
- the swirly visor beanie that is super cute and on trend,
- knitted adult hats that are great for charity donations, and
- an adult hat with ear flaps and pom poms for the young at heart.
For babies and children, try
- the boys knit aviator hat with size instructions from newborn up to 5 years old,
- racing car knit hat for baby boys,
- kitty ear hat for little girls, and
- the baby pom hat that is just plain adorable.
The knitted elf hat is great for the Holiday season and fun for all ages!
Be sure to make this adorable owl hat knitting pattern, it will be a hoot.